Thursday, January 26, 2012

To Abby - with love and admiration!

There really is something to working at what you enjoy doing.  When you can concentrate totally, its amazing what can happen.  Work ambiance is fantastic, the people responsive and the mood exhilarating.  There is one lady who has been hidden in other people's shadows and yes, she can do wonderful work, but because eyes are cast on other people, you do not see this diamond right in the midst of the team.  To think of the trials and tribulations she went through last year, and her pain, part of which I actually am to blame for, and how she has not only come back still believing, but is proving to be worth her weight a thousand times in resourcefulness, the ability to go the extra mile and, wait for it, amazing output is worth sharing with all you people of the fourthworld!  

Again and again the lesson is being brought home, the greatest of all riches can only be evaluated in terms of harmonious relationships, sympathy and understanding, shared suffering, acknowledgement and respect for each other's capabilities.  The paradox is, the people I waste time chasing after are not worth half Abby's weight in her capacity to forgive, and picking up the pieces and doing what has to be done.  I feel humbled and honoured to associate with Abby, because she is teaching me the beauty of a free spirit and the joy of life. Now, even if I only get two hours sleep,  I wake up smiling, knowing that she will be there and no matter what happens, you can count on her to speak her mind, and make each day count. Thank you Abby, for being there and for coming back, and for helping pick up the pieces.  I will always remember and remain deeply indebted and honoured.  This is more so because of the mistrust I had started developing in everyone, including you.   Now I realised that we value the wrong people and abuse the deserving people because they remain overshadowed for the wrong reasons.

This whole epic journey I have undertaken over the last couple of years was meant to open my eyes and to understand people, relatives and friends.  Had my life not changed drastically the way it did, I would never had really known myself, my children, my mother or any of all my relatives and friends.  I think it is going to be boring to have money because then you will have to pretend to a lot of people so as not to hurt their feelings, ha ha ha!  I still had small pockets of doubt myself but this week has convinced me, finally, that all is really well.  We are only three feet away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment