Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kissing Your Frogs

"Fear paralyzes the faculty of reason, destroys the faculty of imagination, kills self-reliance, undermines enthusiasm, discourages initiative, leads to uncertainty of purpose, encourages procrastination, wipes out enthusiasm and makes self-control an impossibility. It takes the charm from one's personality, destroys the possibility of accurate thinking, diverts concentration of effort, it masters persistence, turns the will-power into nothingness, destroys ambition, beclouds the memory and invites failure in every conceivable form; it kills love and assassinates the finer emotions of the heart, discourages friendship and invites disaster in a hundred forms, leads to sleeplessness, misery and unhappiness - and all this despite the obvious truth that we live in a world of over-abundance of everything the heart could desire, with nothing standing between us and our desires, excepting lack of a definite purpose."

I took a leaf out of Mr. Obama's book of examples and invited back some people who, by all intents and purposes, and by all advice given to me genuinely, should not be in my team.  What maketh  a man and by what standard does one judge his value and worth towards accomplishing that which one sets out to do?   How many of people in this, my fourthworld, have failed because they let pride stand in the way of reason and ability?  I will not be such.

I thank everyone who overcome personal prejudice to do what had to be done.  Today, I kissed the first of many frogs (overcoming obstacles) in order to accomplish a goal, a wish and desire, of a group of people who believe in something.   Many of them suffered and believed along with me and were dissappointed, but more to the point, many still believe and want to continue, even when the going is still this tough.  Thank you Calvin -  for voicing reason.  Thank you Aunty Mady, for being my friend and believing in me. Thank you Owen, for listening to what I had to say.  Thank you to the wonderful, fantastic young men and women who have no right to believe in me, but have stood by for months ready to come and start the minute I gave the word.  It was so GOOD to see so many of you, and better to know that you are all ready.  You gave me my first million dollars because no amount of money can buy the loyalty you guys demonstrated.  I am greatly honoured, humbled and deeply indebted.  Its not going to be easy but we are going to cut out and share amongst us the portion of the pie we want.  The beautiful thing about knowing the road and where it goes is that there is no hurry, no rush, no panic, even in the face of whatever adversity chooses to place itself in our way.  We have options, always, there are options, that is why this time around, the ride will not only be smoother, but will bear milk, fruit and honey.  Bon Appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment