Friday, January 20, 2012

A View - From Someone else's shoes

"I make an effort every single day to talk to you, but you do not hear.  I am who I am and what I am.  You either accept me for that, or you do not accept me at all.  Sensitivity is part of my make up.  Sure, I hurt easily, is that a crime?  When I try to talk to you, you do not acknowledge.  You only had to ask and I was there for you.  You banished me countless times and each time, I bore the punishment with fortitude. It was what you requested and I respected your wishes. I love with as much, if not the same passion as you do. That I choose not to talk like you does not make me and my life any lesser than yours, or give you rights to assume what you do not know.  You make me unsure of myself.  You ridicule me, make fun of me and my feelings, laugh at me.  You erode my confidence and sense of self worth yet despite all that, I continue to be there for you.  Your unpredictable moods and actions baffle me.  You hurt me time and time again but I never abandoned you.  It is not that I cannot talk, but I fear if I do, you will still not hear me, so instead, I have resolved to keep quiet.  I am afraid of your anger.  You label me what I am not so I behave that way because it is what you expect.  I have given up much for you, sacrificed for you, burnt bridges for you but you seem not to notice.  I try so very hard but you are determined not to let me be myself or to appreciate me, or to accept me the way I need to be appreciated and accepted.  Why?"

Sometimes, we are needed, understood and appreciated more than we know.  The tragedy of this our fourthworld is that we only often say what needs to be said when it is too late to matter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment