Saturday, January 7, 2012

OOOOOPS

I received an angry call from one of my friends re - yesterday's post.  She thinks my post was cynical and irresponsible.  In fact, she went as far as to say that I came through as a heartless human being.  I don't know, the thing is, a closed up mindset can make one fail to see the bigger picture.  The point about the dummy was pertinent, but maybe the way the point was made is debatable.  In retrospect, such is the way when we do things, or assume things, and are 100% sure of what we are doing, only to find out at some later stage that we were 100% wrong.  

Sometimes, things go wrong by themselves, no one to blame really, not even that spoilt child, but because you are used to seeing them behave a certain way, you think you know what they will do.  Then, someone looking at the post from an entirely different set of eyes makes you see the blinkers you have on and, yes, you see why they are saying what they are saying.

Life is too short to be miserable and to be nasty.  There is so much good stuff happening and so many good people left in this, our fourthworld that I humbly apologise to my good friend for offending, and to thank her for reading this blog.

Have to go, its fertiliser time for my small patch.  Rain does not wait for anyone, farmer or pretending farmer. It works like clockwork, you miss, you loose.  I am teaching myself a very valuable life lesson here.  The value of time and how it surely waits for no man, or woman.  To every farmer in the world's success, and to those who wish to be farmers too, oh and those caught up in farming small patches too!

No comments:

Post a Comment