Friday, October 7, 2011

Where Sameness Means Something

"So, your child does not attend the local school?  Which school does he/she go to?" 
(Name supplied).  "I see."
They dont see.  Mentally, now screening to see if they know that school, where it is located and how much that person is forking out for their child's education.  Next, trying to figure out if its a pride thing and if it is, whether or not something can be done about it.  Next clothes, next furniture, next food.  Plenty house calls and guess what..... most of these houses are built the same and have exactly the same stuff inside, only different colours and arrangements and design.  A person can spend their entire life pining for a four plate stove.  They have a functional two plate which they do not even use a quarter of the time but they want a four plate stove because so and so has it.  Next, outfits, walking sticks, hats, jeans, hoods.

This, my fourthworld is like that and to tell the truth, I feel like a fish out of water because sameness is not for me.  I am different.  So sometimes I suffer for that but ..... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment