Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Baby's Room After Baby Shower

I totally agree that this is a Baby Room for a baby after a baby shower where people appear to care for the person they were throwing the shower for.  And in this case I can safely confirm that the people care, because, well, they are part of my own family from the first world - Australia. 

I have a cousin in Australia married to an Australian, a sister in America who married an American, family members in the United Kingdom, Kenya and a whole lot  in South Africa, some married there.  The grandchildren born of my parents, if all were to be assembled in one room, speak all manner of languages.  The material wealth of families is so disparate it makes family group meetings extremely uncomfortable, what with one end being the haves and the other end being the have nots and worse still, the beliefs, principles, morals, way of life etc.  Solution - most people just dont come home any more, and they phone even less.  Its not that they do not want to, but bridging the material, education and mentality divide has become so exhausting both sides would rather not bother.  And so it would have continued but .......... along came Facebook. Now everyone can keep up with everyone else without bothering to post on each other's wall or show that you are in any way connected.  Facebook has brought people closer to each other's notice but it has not yet told them to talk to each other, even when phone numbers, email addresses etc are there for the world to see.  Why  Because someone has to make the first move.  Someone has to care enough to reach out and say hello.

Dont look at me, I dont do such things.  I dont phone, I dont write.  I just blog.  What was that?  Cant you see how busy I am?   ......And life passes by.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment