Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bullet, blank blank blank

Bullet, bullet blank blank.  I cannot get over the photos of strongman Gadhafi lying helpless in a pool of blood.  What comes to mind is that nothing is really what it seems.  I remember the video of Yasser Arafat asking the outside world for help when he was trapped.  I am sorry to say my reaction was not very flattering.  Instead of the strong and fearful leader, what I saw was a pathetically afraid old man.   Some say Gadhafi was brave, others differ but for me, I wonder when, when when, in this my fourthworld, will leaders  learn a basic rule that you are put there by people and it is to them, those ordinary dirty or rugged individuals who take time out of their lives to put an mark on a ballot box that you owe the debt of having put you into that office.  People in my world are  used and abused for the most powerful tool they have, believing the same lies come every election (or is it poll erection).  Many promises and few deliveries.  Stomach politics, as some aptly named it,  is tough.  Is it not time that we look beyond the dirty and mucky political water to examine who really has our best interests at heart ... or are they all the same?  So much good that Gadhafi did, so much infamy that he did too, so much so that it totally eradicated the good.  Ah, I remember commenting when Gadhafi's son came on TV soon after the invasion early this year.  The impression that came to mind was one of obtuteness, arrogance and ingrained superiority over all other human beings.  After that interview, the word idiot came to mind ..... constantly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment