Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Gypsies

I have stayed in 22 different places in the years I have lived and my son, who is 19 has stayed in 16 of those.  I think the tragedy is that all those places are in one  town.  It would have been lovely to have included 10 countries or maybe 16 cities - so people, you understand that once I have made my money (which I will), I am going to travel, and travel, and travel, and share all my travel stories with everyone in my world.

Does not mean that I have not done a bit of travelling.  I have.  First few years company sponsored then a little on my own money.  Why is it that people in my world do not PLAN?  We have funerals every other day.  We struggle to bury the dead and immediately after the funeral, do we go and get a funeral policy - no.  Same with hospital.  No medical Aid.  Same with investments, - live from hand to mouth.  Same with property - tenant all your life.  Same with cars - keep the taxi trade in business, generation after generation.  Same with religion - my parents went to this Church so there I must go also.  Clothes.  Education.  Careers.

The confusion in my world about this shifting and fast paced technological era is real.  People literally feel overwhelmed by the changes and most ... just do not bother.  The ones in the fore-front, those who should be grasping this change and embracing it and passing it on to the next generation only heard of Facebook - they do not want to hear, know or learn about the vast advantages and possibilities internet opens and changes in one's daily lives.

Gypsies for life?  I refuse.  One of these fine God given beautiful days the gypsy will settle, in a huge roomy house with lots of things that my family and everyone  I care for likes.  The purpose of life is to live it and enjoy it and at the end of it all, retire gracefully to enjoy all the memories you are making today.  I know in my world being a Gypsy is, for most people, not a choice but a given.  I think accepting and adapting makes everything tolerable, but not what YOU must be.  There is a choice, and most times, you make that choice... then blame everyone else for your bad decision(s).




No comments:

Post a Comment