Friday, November 4, 2011

Then You Continue with the View

Either slowly, cautiously, or fast like you know how some drivers are, never giving way and always bent on getting there first - where exactly?  Nowhere, or somewhere  Take this programme, a successful programme done by women.  I said women, not woman.  The View.

CastSeries cast summary figures:
Joy Behar ... Herself - Co-Host (302 episodes, 2000-2011)
Elisabeth Hasselbeck ... Herself - Co-Host (292 episodes, 2003-2011)
Sherri Shepherd ... Herself - Co-Host (285 episodes, 2005-2011)
Whoopi Goldberg ... Herself - Host (269 episodes, 2005-2011)
Barbara Walters ... Herself - Host (183 episodes, 1997-2011)

That is work done by five women of different potential and sensibility and temperaments over a .... long period.  The point is, they are a team, for better or worse and they have stuck it out and done what they continue to do despite everything.   Now I caught this episode where they announced that one of them is getting married and another where a more powerful woman (Oprah) interviewed them and Whoopi said an interesting thing.  She confessed that at one time she was a functional drug addict.  Another of these women introduced herself in one episode, said she was an alcoholic then said sorry, wrong meeting!  I'm not sure if I enjoyed this more than Oprah herself in hair curls doing the back screen rendition of one of her closing of series issues.  She belted out an aria but her 'staff' were too emotional to even laugh.  Whats my point and what has this got to do with my fourthworld?  Simple.  We have the same choices these women have.  We have the same ability, capability.  The only difference, if any, is our belief in ourselves.  Wait a minute please. I know you say people in the first world, especially women, have it easier, and thats true in some instances and debatable in others but and this is a big but,  if you do not take the initiative and think the environment will do it for you, I think you will wait forever.  I know I am coming across muddled (I'm drunk on watching too much Television yesterday and today) and more importantly, I am motivated, by women, who are not only smart and hardworking, but who also are not afraid of their weaknesses and who they really are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment