Monday, November 14, 2011

22 March, 2005 ...

is the day I opened my hotmail email account.  Not that I remember doing so, no, its the computer which reminds one when and if one forgets.  Like your account password, date of birth, how often you have or have not visited Facebook and Twitter, etcetera.  If you think of this one account, then take another and think that you are cheating the computer, and another, sure, you get away with it .... for a while.  The unfortunate thing about humans is that they forget, not the machine.  Not once, not ever!  IP address, same date of birth, maybe same password and before you know it, the machine tallies all possible identities with the same information, then zeroes in on location and Google earth does the rest.  Scary!

Link that to human-less drones and robots, my people, we in the fourthworld, had better not start a war - not just yet anyway.  What we are failing to just imagine or dream of, others have already made reality.  I am always saying our poverty is such a huge deal because it is not only in material terms, but in imagination.  The ability to want, wish for and accomplish that which is beyond the scope of billions of people, within one's lifetime, that is something! Yesterday it struck me just how minute and limited one's life really is.  Then I laughed when I realised that so many people in my world cannot and do not want to harness that time.  They would rather squander their lives doing nothing or mundane things which, if each of us could change and focus, could become great things.  Its not so much accomplishing the impossible, but being an accomplisher of something that matters - starting with the little or small things  and they do not necessarily have to  involve money.    

No comments:

Post a Comment