Saturday, November 19, 2011

Paper Paper Everywhere

For someone who purports to be computer and internet savvy, I have, over the past ten months, used an inordinate amount of paper.  Lots of trees cried over my waste and while I know that in some places there are useful and working recycling arrangements in place, here in my fourthworld, very few people make conservation or environmental awareness any of their concern.  The finger points to those who have huge factories, those who have money, those who live lives in the spotlight where it is the correct thing to do.

Is it not a bit scary that this, our home, our planet, our mother earth, has so few people who actively do something to protect and nurture and nourish it.  We mine and do not bother to refill, not gold and emeralds like the big guns but sand and other small everyday use pits that we just dig without thinking of what one is doing to mother earth.  We litter and soil, use paper and dispose of it and lots of plastic shopping bags without stopping to think for a minute what all that junk will mean to the next generation.  Of course this is the fourthworld and I am busy trying to make a living for myself, how can you expect me to bother about pollution and paper waste and tree cutting and all that!  How beautiful and responsible it would be if just one in five people in my world stopped for a minute and did something small for mother earth every day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment