Friday, December 2, 2011

Sliding Tackle

I watched a game of football with one of the twins the other day and at five, he can identify a situation requiring the referee to give a free kick.  He was correct because the referee did give a free kick and when I asked him why that had been allowed, he asked if I had not seen the ''sliding tackle".  So, how many people have given you sliding tackles of late?  Was life's referee there to give you a free kick?

The important point here is you cannot chose what happens to you, but you can choose how or whether or not to react.  Half the time, the stuff we spend our time and our lives worrying or imagining are just that, figments of our imagination.  A better way to do things is to write what you want to do on paper.  Write down your expected outcome and more importantly, write down why you expect that outcome.  Then check to see if  you have done enough to ensure that you do get the desired outcome and wait.  Of course, when you start, like more or less where I am, you do not get even 80% correct expected outcomes but the more you fine tune your expectations and desired outcome and the more you work at correcting your errors, you do see a change.  I am making a snail's progress, but progress all the same.  Some people would quit, but not me, I am made for better things and those times are coming.  In life, we make most of our own luck and that is largely dependant on an ingredient known as hard work.  Of course, working smart is better but I am a true product of this, my fourthworld and why should you expect me to do anything differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment