Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Idiocy

The tragedy of being abused at any point in one's life is the constant insecurity one feels resulting (in most cases) in absolutely abhorent and sometimes tragic choice of friends, partners, asociates, life mates and relationships. I have made an idiot of myself for the last 8 months, more than I have done for my entire life. I am laughing as I type this because, a fantastic thing is happening to me right now. I have been doing all this reading on life changing experiences, change your mind and change your life etc and it was all hogwash ..... until I actually consulted my son and he cut to the chase and told me - mum, get what you want and do what you want ... because we love you no matter what. The point here is this. Sometimes, we only listen when those we love talk to us and we only heal when they care.

This post is dedicated to Calvin, Kirimi and Mwiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment