Friday, September 30, 2011

And there was a Black Out

Calvin had a black out at 4.00pm yesterday. He did not have a phone. Lucky for him a friend picked him up and took care of him from 4.00pm till 7.00pm when he came to. Three days earlier he had taken the office key by accident and left me stranded for 3 hours. When he walked in yesterday at 7.15pm, I simply took a glass of water and threw it on his face then walked out. He followed, we got home and it was only then that I noticed that all was not well with him. 9.00pm to twelve midnight were the longest hours of the year. Calvin kept slipping in and out of consciousness. You only realize that anything can happen anytime and that life has no guarantees when something like this happens to someone you truly love. Lucky for me, two hours later, Calvin was alright.

The question I have been asking myself since Calvin's illness is how many people I have not listened to who tell me the truth (because of prior events) or how many people I have listened to who lie to me straight faced. Still, I want to apologise to those I have unwittingly hurt. To anyone I did not give a chance to explain their situation to me and to those who told me the truth and I did not listen, please forgive me. I know that time heals all wounds but this apology is sincere and necessary for me.

Calvin made me listen to Lil Wayne & Bruno Mars - Mirror. Deep Song.

Next week I want to start talking about some remarkable women. I am supposed to have had tea with Jessesi Mungoshi yesterday but had to reschedule. Those who do not know her, she is the star of the Zimbabwean Movie "NERIA". We had a chat and I am happy to see that she still takes very good care of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment